Have you ever forgotten to rinse your diffuser, and then ended up with a strange combination of scents? To keep your diffuser clean and ensure the best mixture of Ellia Essential Oils, follow these six steps. (And be sure to unplug your diffuser while cleaning it.)
- Wipe out the inside of the diffuser, including the lid, with a soft cloth or sponge.
- Clean the sensor with a rubbing alcohol-soaked cotton swab.
- If your diffuser seems to have a lot of essential oil buildup, fill it with rubbing alcohol or white vinegar as high as the water line and let it soak overnight. Then, empty it, rinse it, and dry it with a soft cloth.
- Soak the plastic diffuser top directly in rubbing alcohol, as needed, to remove buildup. If your diffuser has a wooden top, do not soak this in alcohol. Simply wipe it clean with a moistened soft cloth.
- Avoid using any other chemicals/cleaners for your diffuser.
- Be sure to keep the body of your diffuser and all of its buttons dry. Never immerse the outer body of your diffuser in any liquid.
It’s also recommended that you perform a cleaning cycle on your Ellia diffuser once a month, if you use your diffuser daily. To do a cleaning cycle:
- Fill your diffuser with water, considerably below the fill line. Add a teaspoon of pure white vinegar. (The vinegar helps remove the oils trapped in the diffuser).
- Plug in your diffuser and let it run for up to five minutes.
- Empty the basin, then rinse it with clean water.
- Refill the diffuser with water (no vinegar) and run the diffuser for two minutes.
- Empty the basin, then dry out the diffuser with a clean cloth.
- Enjoy diffusing your favorite Ellia Essential Oils!
I am also new to using essential oils. Can you tell me how to tell the type and size of diffuser to use? Is there a size recommendations for specific size rooms? Thanks for your help.
I did purchase two of your diffusers – but wondered if my rooms are too large.
Thanks for your help.
Hi! I recently purchased an Ellia diffuser and the very first time using it, it has leaked all the water/oil out of the bottom of it! Any suggestions on where to go from here?
How long will it take for mist to come out of diffuser? I am waiting, and waiting, and the only thing happening is a color changing light
Hi. I just got a Gather diffuser. It is amazing! So kewl! I want keep it clean. Is there a sensor in mine to clean??? Am I not to touch any of the basin where the water goes with my hands? What is the little hole in the center at the bottom? Do I clean that with a q-tip? Is rubbing alcohol the same as vinegar, is one better than the other for cleaning?
1) Can you tell me the sq ft that Ellia Flourish, Gather, and Aspire diffusers will be able to emit for effectiveness.
2) How many must I buy if I have two floors in my home?
3) Are the music for the ones listed above all the same or how many choices of songs do they list?
4) Can keeping it on daily be bad for our health?
5) Is there a way to turn off the humidity function in case I would like to use it during humid days?
6) Do you offer specials for purchasing more than one?
I am very new to essential oils- how do you know where to even start??
Great question. You can learn all about our oils at http://www.ellia.com. In the meantime, you can start by simply finding a diffuser you like and essential oils that appeal to you. That’s it! They are super easy to use. If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page: http://www.homedics.com/ellia-aromatherapy/frequently-asked-questions. Thanks for the interest!