Just as a craft beer or wine can be paired with a delicious meal, so too can your Ellia Essential Oil Blend and your holiday celebration menu.
When it comes time to plan food and drink for entertaining in your home, consider how to accent what you’re serving your guests with essential oil blends. We’ve put together a few ideas for your party planning:
Winter Cocktail (Serving: 1 drink)
- 1-½ ounces mandarin orange vodka
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- ½ ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Seltzer water, chilled
- Mix together.
- Pour over ice.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and mint to add a festive touch.
Cranberry Balsamic Roasted Chicken
- 2.5 lbs chicken thighs or breasts with skin on (around 4 to 6 chicken thighs or breast)
- Fresh thyme
- A sprinkle of dried Italian herbs, optional
- ½ cup fresh cranberries (or previously frozen)
- 1 Tbsp each maple syrup and balsamic vinegar mixed together to coat chicken during roasting
Ingredients for the marinade:
- ½ cup cranberries
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp minced)
- Place chicken in a roasting or baking dish. Set aside.
- Blend marinade ingredients in food processor until smooth. Pour over chicken, coating evenly. Cover and place in fridge to marinade for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Remove chicken from fridge. Add extra ½ cup cranberries, thyme, and Italian herbs to the dish. Spread that mixture evenly on and around the chicken.
- Bake skin side down first for 22 minutes. Remove and turn skin side up. Brush each chicken skin with the maple syrup/balsamic vinegar combo. Add more seasoning (dried herbs, salt, pepper) to the top if desired.
Broil for about five minutes, or until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked evenly inside. Remove from oven. Spoon the sauce from the pan onto each chicken thigh/breast and a pinch of black pepper or cracked pepper. Serve with the roasted cranberries on top and any extra fresh herbs desired.
We’ve given you a cocktail and a main course recipe, so now it’s time to fill your Ellia Diffuser with a blend of oils sure to pair nicely with the food and drinks you’re serving your guests.
Our favorite blend suggestions are:
- 3 drops Fight It +2 drops Peppermint
- 3 drops Fight It + 2 drops Peppermint + 2 drops Orange.
Take it a step further and greet your guests at the front door with a beautiful fresh evergreen wreath with accents of cranberries, eucalyptus, and pine cones. Decorate your dining table and fireplace mantle with sprigs of evergreen, dried cranberries, and dried orange slices. Have a carafe of ice water with cranberries and orange slices for a refreshing drink during dinner. For an after-dinner drink, serve a warm cranberry apple cider with sliced oranges and cinnamon sticks.
For even more tips and tricks, be sure to read: Match Your Scent to Your Style: The Holiday Edition.